Thursday, December 16, 2010

Good things come in packages from Canada

THANK YOU HEIDI!!!! It's the unexpected kindness that makes this time of year so fabulous. Yesterday I got to the office and sitting on my desk was a box full of Canadian goodies, there is even maple syrup tea, which I am very excited to taste! I love maple syrup, love it. Brian and I often have arguments about Mrs. Buttersworth and the real Maple Syrup! I opened it up and new instantly it was from Bruce and Heidi who live up in Jasper, Canada. Remember the awesome red Vancouver 2010 mittens I got, yep those were from her too. She is so awesome!

Also in my fun little package was an inukshuk. (Which Emily had to inform me what it was) I was telling her I got this cool "rock statue" and she knew exactly what it was!

"The Inukshuk, which means "likeness of person" was first used by the Inuit People to mark trails, indicate caches of food, locate nearby settlements as well as good places to hunt or fish. Most of the canadian arctic is dominated year round by permafrost and only has a few natural landmarks which could be used for orientation, thats why Inukshuk are used as directional marker.

The rock Inukshuk embodies the spirit and persistence of the Inuit who live and flourish in Northern Canada, one of the world harshest environments. Inukshuk's represent strenght, leadership and motivation."

HOW CUTE IS MY LITTLE INUKSHUK!!! I love him, he needs a name! I think I am gonna call him Martin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs more of an indian name like "rides in a fed ex truck from canada" you know the dances with wolves thing

JoMama said...

Ha! The comment above is hilarious. I was thinking the same. I looked up Inuit names, I think he should be Karpok.