Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cookies and Crafts

This weekend I devoted some time to making some christmas cookies and a craft. Grandma Hunter (dad's mom) was famous for her tea cookies that she made. They are all old tea cookie recipes from way back and they are awesome. This year mom, jo, and I decided to split them up and make them ahead of time and bring to christmas.
In the crafting department...Emily makes the coolest banners out there, but I thought I would give it a shot and make a Christmas Banner to spruce up my house otherwise lacking in anything Christmas related.
Holiday Crescents (these are a powder sugar and pecan cookie) my favorite!
Butterballs (pretty much explains it, butter)
Pfeffernusse (a spicy cookie with cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and most importantly anise seed)

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

Love the banner! I've been wanting to make something like that, but for some odd reason, haven't been able to find the time.... :) You've inspired me, so maybe I'll get it done now...

Jeff and Emily said...

mmmm those look fantastic, good job!

Joelle said...

Yum! There's not much I love more than holiday treats in holiday tins. I'll always remember my mom baking for WEEKS before Christmas, and then anytime we'd go to a Christmas party, we'd get all the tins out of the freezer and load up a "goodie tray" for the party. It's SO important for you to be carrying on these traditions for your family! Love it!! And, I might attempt the "Merry Christmas" banner. If I can do the onesies, maybe I can do the banner too. Thank goodness for Christmas break and that Christmas is on a Saturday. I have all next week! Miss you!

Emily Bartsch said...

What what, way to go! Love the banner and I have been craving a spice cookie.