Friday, September 13, 2013

Summer Time Canning

Lately my kitchen has been a revolving door of a disaster, I think my dishwasher has been runnugn non-stop...with canning season in full swing that's just how it works...and I feel like I haven't even canned my usual load counts!  Meanwhile, Mad-Dog has been enjoying our evening walks.
 Plum jam...oh so tart and tasty.
                                                Raspberry jam, tastes like the real thing.
Maddy takes her self for a swim post walk.
 We enjoyed dinner at Cave B one evening with some foreigner's for that were here doing field visits.

Brian hand picked these green beans for me to can from his varieties.  Green beans are one of his favorite canned items.
 Canning Tomatoes of any sort has to be one of the most labor intensive jobs...the blanching and peeling and coreing, and chopping is time consuming, but freshly canned stewed tomatoes do make a homemade spaghetti sauce taste amazing, so it's all worth it in the end. Disaster of a kitchen and all!  Pretty much sums up the last few weeks around here.  Work, Can/Cook, Sew, Sleep, Repeat.

1 comment:

Emily Bartsch said...

Now my first question is what did you do while you were awake? And when can you come up and can my tomatoes?