Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rollin' in the Hay Valentines Day

If you have been looking at the blog for a few years then you know every valentines day we do a fun progressive dinner complete with themed shirts and fun! This year we switched things up a bit and went to the farm in Lind for a Rollin' in the Hay Valentines Day Dinner.  Josh and Lyndenn put together a fun farm game relay course that started with some skeet shooting and target practice.  We had awesome appetizers, kabobs for dinner, then we played a fun version of the newlywed game, ate some dessert, and then went and played Hide and Seek at the Ranch House of Sally and Lyndsy's in Lind and it was awesome!
My pink boots were a must for this valentine occasion!
 We then proceeded to the barn for wheelbarrow barrel racing...here's Ashley and Lyndsy running to the finish!
 Then we had to pound 3 nails into a board....and they all had to be straight...
 The Brian had to fill water buckets with water, run them to the stall, dump them into the trough, make sure he shut the gate.
Then it was my turn to rope a steer head.
 Brian then had to climb the hay stack, throw down a bail, I then chucked it into the wheelbarrow ran it out to the pallett loaded it on the pallet...
 Brian then had to pound a post into the ground....
 Then I had to get it out....which was alot harder then it looked...Brian found the perfect spot to pound the post into...everyone elses posts just came right out....not ours....it was stuck...I had all my body weight on it, I was literally suspended in the air!....Here is Brian laughing at me!
 Here is the crew! Lyndsy and Ashley, Dean and Jonda, Matt and Shelley, Brian and I, Lyndenn and Josh!
 Here's this year's shirt.  Smitten...I made some felt mittens and adhered them to the shirt!  

2 comments:

Grandma LoLo said...

You all sure now how to have fun... Did you win a car? !!!

Kara said...

You are so cute!!