Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Zucchini Cupcakes wtih Caramel Frosting


Oh my word...this has to be one of the best frostings I have eaten in a long time.  I am thinking my next carrot cake needs this frosting...or a spice cake...or pumpkin cookies...or pumpkin muffins....you get my drift.  


Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1-1/3 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini

  • CARAMEL FROSTING:
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
  • Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25. Cool and Frost.
  • For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
  • Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Ahh! I can't read the directions...there are dots covering them! I'll have to check back later because they look amazing! Zucchini bread is my favorite. Are cupcake similar?

Emily Bartsch said...

Caramel frosting...Yum Yum!

JoMama said...

Seriously, Eric almost drooled on the computer. I WANT ONE. I have zucchini comin' out my ears I should make these... they are not high on the nesting list, maybe you put one in the freezer for me?

sarah fuccillo photography said...

anything with that much sugar and butter has got to be good!!! :)