Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Clean Up

This weekend was dedicated to yard maintenance..and there was lots of it. Saturday was such a beautiful day so we took advantage. We raked leaves...blew leaves, mowed leaves, picked up sticks, branches etc..  That's the problem with all these huge poplars by the time all the leaves fall there's snow on the ground and you have to wait till spring for clean up. 
'
I was covered in dirt. You can't see it here, but it was in my teeth!
We changed all the really high up light bulbs and yes Boss insists on using the backhoe, its much more fun then using a ladder.
We burned the leaf pile...
He trimmed all the hedges...
And all the while Maddy found all this labor way to exhausting, so she napped.

5 comments:

Emily Bartsch said...

We did the same this weekend, blah. The wind takes care of our leaves, but the sticks are terrible.

Kara said...

I would find excuses to use the backhoe too!

Jeff and Emily said...

Is it that time of year already?? You make cleaning look fun!

Lori O. said...

I love to clean too, or should I say I love what it looks like afterwards. Landscaping is more aerobic..melt those pounds and bring on the cupcakes!

Rach said...

Oh my gosh! Totally know how you feel...every fall we have "Festival of the Leaves" but yes, winter was early so I will probably have to help my Dad this spring too. Love Mad-Dog just relaxing. That's a pet for ya. :)