Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Away in Seattle and Whidbey Island

This weekend Brian and I went to Seattle and Whidbey Island with our friends Brock and Amber. We got up Saturday morning and hit the road where we made a pit stop in Cle Elum at Owen's Meats for my favorite jerky and donuts at the Cle Elum Bakery. Then it was off to Seattle to Alan and Amy's to say hi to Nora for her 3rd Birthday.
 After we saw Nora we went downtown Seattle and did the Underground Tour, Pikes Place, and ate amazing seafood.
We ate lunch at the Crab Pot and Brock and I split a bucket of seafood. It was awesome.  And yes we did need bibs.
From Seattle we headed over to Ballard to the Locks to check those out, we wished they had been running, but it was cool to see anyway. 
Then it was off to Whidbey Island. We found a star fish!
Here's the boys watching the ships out the window with their binos.
 
 The boys found a board and decided to make a teeter totter...
 At Fort Casey there were a little herd of deer just grazing and they let me get soooo close.
 It doesn't matter how many times we go to Deception Pass, it's just gorgeous.  I love reflection pics from sunglasses.

At Fort Casey I couldn't resist rolling down this hill!

3 comments:

Kara said...

You are so cute! Rolling down the hill! Another super great trip in the adventures of Staci. I am suddenly craving seafood...

Emily Bartsch said...

That place is amazing! I hope you didn't roll in any goose poop!

Jeff and Emily said...

Mmmmm seafood from the coast...must be delicious! Cute pictures, looks like a great weekend getaway.