Friday, February 18, 2011

Bugles Addiction

Every Christmas Ruth (one of their neighbor's when he was growing up) brings over her plate of goodies and a bowl of this amazing snack mix.  It's always a fight to see who can get to it first.  Well this year I finally asked for the recipe, which might have been a mistake...cause now I am addicted. Not only to the snack mix but to one of the main ingredients.  BUGLES!  Have you had them lately? Ever?  They are so bad for you and so good at the same time!  Anyway, I made this for the weekend snack and I thought ya'll would love it!  

Ruth Knebel's Bugle Snack Mix

1 medium bag bugle's
2 cups pretzels
1 box Chex
1 can mixed nuts
Mix in large bowl

In heavy saucepan, boil for 2 minutes
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup

Pour over dry mixture and bake at 250* for 1 hour stirring everying 15 minutes.  

I split them up into 3 9x13's to bake them.  I would also make a little extra sauce to coat them a little more.  

Enjoy!


 GO TO THE STORE and buy some bugles...you must go now. They are worth the trip!
 I don't know why I have an obsession as of late of making my food into words and shapes...didn't my mother ever teach me not to play with my food.  

4 comments:

Emily Bartsch said...

Thats all fine and well when you live in the USA! I don't know if Canada has ever heard of bugles. Save me some will yah?

Lori O. said...

That does look great, the problem is Aunt Lori is going on a diet next week. How come everything !! seems to cause weight gain ugggg!

sarah fuccillo photography said...

i'm pretty sure i like anything with corn syrup in it.

Jeff and Emily said...

I've forgotten about bugles, they are really good! I even remember when they first came out, I had them at a friends pool b-day party and we were running around with them on our fingers!