Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Bash

So I am just about the luckiest girl ever. Friday (my actual birthday) Cathy made me an excellent dinner of bbq salmon, twiced baked potatoes, salad, corn, and mom made me a tres leches cake...it was an awesome dinner! Russ and Cathy bought me awesome green adirondeck chairs and new gorgeous pots (pics to come)...Brian bought me some pots for the front of the house. They were huge!
Mom and Dad gave me smore's sticks, Dad even carved my name and bday in them!
Sunday, Brian threw me a big birthday bash with our friends! He worked so extremely hard and surprised me with basically re-landscaping our yard (with new rock, landscaping brick border and new pots), he built a fire pit, and put up a volleyball net. Ash, Jonda, Shelley, and Jo made awesome food we had roasted polish dogs (in the new fire pit) tater salad, fruit, baked beans, etc. It was awesome! I am not sure why the theme is always (remember last year the flower bra..) well this year they stepped it up with a coconut bra and grass skirt! ha! Love it! Mad-Dog was part of the fun and even worse a lei most of the night.
I will say it again, but I love all my friends! They are always so accommodating when I make us pose for pictures with the tripod! :) Thanks ya'll for making it a great birthday! There is like 6 munchkins in the picture and only one of them is a boy...poor Hayden he is surrounded by estrogen!
Ashley made me awesome nutella cupcakes! YUM!
Brian and Josh cutting the firewood!
All my favorite gals!
The boys roasting weenies!
Brian handing out sweets to the little people!
We ended the night with a mean game of volleyball!

5 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Wow!! Sorry we missed out on all the FUN!!! Looks like Brian can throw one mean party. :) :) Happy Birthday, again! Can't wait to come see all the landscaping, and your new pots and chair!

Andrea Elliott said...

It was such a great party!! Your backyard looks and is amazing! We all had such a good time!

Lori O. said...

You are the luckiest girl ever... what a birthday bash! I wish i lived in your town. Everything you do for everyone comes right back at you.. so you can see how much you do for others. Can't wait to see the pots full of flowers next spring.

Kara said...

Yay! What a great birthday weekend! Looks like Brian did an awesome job. I love how huge those pots are!! I also can't wait to see them full of flowers!

sarah fuccillo photography said...

yay! looks like fun... except you said "all my favorite gals" and i wasn't there so...... ;)