Monday, July 26, 2010

TA-DA and Weekend Guests

Saturday morning when I left my house looked like this.....
Saturday night when I came home from a wedding my house looked like this....my husband is a saint. He worked from 5:30 am to 5 at night, with no lunch mind you. A painter came over and helped him, so that was heaven sent. But they worked really hard! Sad to say I have no pictures of the progress cause I was gone most the day.
Here's the other side. Yay! Once the new windows arrive we can finish the trim work and be done! Wahoo!
This weekend Alan, Amy, and little Miss Nora came for a weekend visit. We did all kinds of fun stuff like take advantage of the hot weather and run around in a diaper, Nora not me, played in the hose, went swimming, etc.
We took naps on the lawn in the shade.
We ate corn fresh out of the field...I love the first corn of the season....so good!
We played in the back of the truck with the dog.


We even did manual labor. She's old enough right. In the final prepping for the painter we trimmed the shrubs and cleaned it all up. Nora was a big help.
We even went down to the river for a swim! Phew, what a weekend!

4 comments:

Emily Bartsch said...

If the blog wallpaper is any representation of what your house looked like, then...yeah it was due for paint. Nice Work Brian! Who is that babe in the swim suit, great abs, woo whoo! You look good too Staci! Ha Ha!

Stephanie V said...

Wow! The house looks great! Good work guys!

JoMama said...

Nora's cute. I like her glasses. House looks great.

Trisha said...

Wow! Looks like a different house. I like the color. I think a kitchen "TA-DA" is in store at our house. :)