Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Amazing Race

My cute easter basket! Amber made me an Easter basket with homemade granola, trail mix, chex mix, and the cutest apron and pot holders! Love it!
Saturday Brian and I were privileged enough to partake in the Roberts' Amazing Race- a 4-wheeler style amazing race around their property. Ashley and Lyndsy put on a an awesome challenge for all of us. Their were 12 teams in total, 11 of them with 4 people, and then Brian and I as a two-man team. I didn't take that many pics because it was pure craziness for about 4 hours. We have challenges from solving puzzles, carrying a hay bale through a barrel racing course, de-coding MORSE code, heating up paper to find hidden messages, all the while racing back and forth on the 4-wheelers over a 2 mile span to different places to locate our eggs and return them in order to receive our next clue. It was a crazy fun filled day! I am still finding dirt in my ears! Thanks Lyndsy and Ashley for putting so much work into it, it was awesome!
Jonda and I before the big race.
Brian transporting water (with his mouth from the hose) to the cup to fill it up, one of the many challenges.

Ash and I after the race- this is what 4 hours of buzzing around on a 4-wheeler does to your hair!
Amber, Shane, Tamar, and Brian on the last challenge, duck-taped together navigating the mini-forest to find their egg (brian and I had the advantage on this one, we were only a two man team, much easier navigating a forest with 2 people tied together then 4)
We did end up winning the race, not sure how...Im pretty sure Brian solved all the puzzles and did all the driving. SO MUCH FUN!

2 comments:

Emily Bartsch said...

That is a crazy great idea!

H Love said...

Great fun! Looks like a blast!