Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cookie Baking Extravaganza

My favorite part of December is baking, Brian doesn't mind it much either!  With Grandma Hunter's recipes in hand (and a few additions) I had to really choose what I wanted, you see Grandma Hunter has about 10 cookie recipes that are delicious, normally Jolene-Mom-and I will divide and conquer, but since we are not all getting together I had to pick what I wanted. 
Jam Thumprints- anything with poppy seeds, I am in.
Date Pinwheels- a little spice and chewy date center…..
Chocolate Crinkles- cake like brownie cookie, can't beat em'
Sand Tarts- by far the best cookie with a cup of tea
Spritzers- a hint of almond and a little crunch, these are always Brian's favorite
Gingerbread- too cute not to make, but soft and chewy
Toffee- I may never measure up to Aunt Cheryl's but it was pretty tasty
Candy Cane Shortbreads- a buttery oatmeal cookie with a glaze, mmmmm
Tea Wafers- got this recipe from Jonda and it is a bite size piece of heaven, while the most tedious, it has the least amount of ingredients, and o so flaky- melts in your mouth
There are so many more cookies I could have made...I think I bought Costco out of butter for the time being.

3 comments:

Grandma LoLo said...

Beautiful ! My addition to the dessert platter was 2 bags of M n M s. Loser I am

Jeff and Emily said...

Yummy! I love trying new cookie recipes this time of year :)

JoMama said...

Hooray, i saved you a pfefferneusse and a spun guli for photographic purposes... however, the book wont be complete until we get photos of moravians!