Monday, August 6, 2012

Jumping into my 29th year!

For quite some time now Ashley, Lyndsy, and Brian and I have been trying to skydive.  It actually started for Ashley's bday 2 years ago...well it finally came to fruition on for Sunday and it was amazing! 
This is what Brian texted us the day before we jumped.... "t-minus 24 hours till we board a small crowded airplane, jump out of it while still on a perfectly good flight pattern 2 miles above earths surface, strapped to someone we met an hour ago, that we are completely relying on to pull the rip cord, which should release a parachute bringing us to a nice soft landing after the thrill of a life time in which there is a good chance one of us will soil our drawers"  Luckily none of us soiled our drawers, but I did get kinda nauseous from the circles we spun while under canopy as they called it.
We jumped from 12,500 feet, free fell for 6,000 at 120 mph which was approximately 50 seconds.  
 Seregie my instructor getting me all ready!
 This is Ashley and I's jump pose..
 Here we are in the plane getting ready to leap!
 It is soooo surreal! So my instructor was kindof a serious fella, or so we thought...cause we got the pictures home and he was hilarious up there!
 Here's when we pulled the rip cord.  
This was one of the videographer/photographers.
 Here's Brian ready to make the leap!
 Bomb's away!
 Brian was LOVIN it!  I think he is ready for a solo jump!
 This is the perfectly good plane we leaped out of!
 Brian and his instructor David.
 WE DID IT!

4 comments:

Emily Bartsch said...

Amazing, finally hey!!! (by the way you look smokin hot) Love all the pictures and Happy Birthday!!

Emily Bartsch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff and Emily said...

Awesome awesome awesome!!! I've been wanting to do this as well!! Looks like you had a great birthday, how are you going to top it next year?!

Kara said...

My stomach was doing flip flops just reading about it! What a fabulous place you went to, to get so many amazing pictures though. I am super impressed, but reading this will be as close as I get to doing the real thing! Happy Birthday!