Sunday, January 15, 2012

My first trip to the ER

Thank goodness for Mom and Dad Faw who always are there when we need to go to the ER which neither Brian or I ever needed- until recently.  On Saturday Brian was out snowmobiling and I was home crafting...(who knew crafting was a dangerous hobby). 
While cutting some fabric with the rotary blade...I nearly severed the tip of my finger off, barely missed the bone...it hurt like heck, I screamed bloody burder, it bled alot and Mom and Dad Faw had to rush me to the ER...surprisingly I didn't shed a tear...kinda proud of my self.  I have to wear this bandage for 10 days and then get my stitches removed...my nail might be ugly and my finger might be sensitive but atleast it's still there.  Thanks Mom and Dad Faw for rescuing us, yet again.  
 Ashley came to be my comic relief....and clean me up...since the nurse was gonna leave me with dried blood all over the place.
 THE CULPRIT!
I know this doesnt look too bad....but I sliced all the way through... I have an even nastier picture with it opened up...but thought I would spare those details...

4 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Great war wound. Wear the scar proudly. Hope it doesn't slow you down too much.

Kara said...

Yikes! Heal quickly! That looks/sounds terrible!

Grandma LoLo said...

OMG child be careful, So glad to hear you are okay. By the way we are going to force you back to rounded sissors too. Make sure you take the time to heal wild women.

Jeff and Emily said...

Ouch!!! Soglad you didn't chop it off, I'm sure that would have made craft time difficult! Is it her picture taking finger? Hope you feel better soon!