Monday, September 5, 2011

Going North-East

After riding with the Roberts and Pingetzer's, Brian and I were hooked...it didn't take much to convince us that this is something we wanted to do more often.....ergo....this little beauty right here! I think the color is what sold Brian right away....then he rode it and knew it was the one he wanted.  It is a Harley Davidson Fat Bob and it's awesome!!!!

The best thing about riding a motorcycle is that you go places you never would travel to in your car, back windy roads that are just gorgeous, and not to mention all the amazing smells you get...the forest, camp fires, flowers, water, etc...I love it!
This weekend we went on a ride with Lyndsy and Ashley up to the north-eastern most corner of the state!  We ended up in the town of Metaline population 238....it was a spectacular ride...we left at 9 am  and arrived in Ione around 4 oclock.  
 On the open road!
 I never realized how many beautiful bodies of water the state of Washington has.
 This was the best stretch of the ride....into republic...spacious roads, no cars, the right amount of curves, Brian opened her up and we were flying....it was awesome!
 We shacked up at the Porter's Plaza Hotel in Ione...actually a pretty decent place!
Someday I will get my own bike....for right now, I am content being a passenger!
 We ended up in Silver Lake Idaho at a car show, it was a great happen-stance, cause we ran into this guy who builds these little contraptions...it was a mini 3 speed motorcycle and side car, he took me for a ride!
They even had a car like 'The King' in the Cars movie...

2 comments:

Jeff and Emily said...

Wow, how cool! I love the bike, great buy! (Although I won't show Jeff because I don't want him getting any ideas haha...) What a great way to take in the country side, I see many more pictures in the future!

Joelle said...

That looks awesome! Not that you needed a new hobby you crazy woman... Looks like so much fun though. Maybe when the kids get older :-)