Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Apple Muffins

Baking muffins is what I do when I want to procrastinate on things like vaccuming, editing photos, or laundry...I especially love making muffins because they are something that can be easily distributed to multiple people.  Part of why I love baking is because I get to give it away!

Apple Muffins

Cream together:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Sift: 
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves

3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (around 3 apples)
Brown sugar for topping 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners.

Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon (I never sift and they turn out fine). Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Add the diced apples.

Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Feel free to give some away to me anytime :) Haha! Those look so yummy and perfect for all the fall apples coming soon! Thanks for sharing!

sarah fuccillo photography said...

where are mine?