Monday, May 30, 2011

Alaska Adventures Part 1

Last week Bryan and Emily and Brian and I took an Alaska cruise and it was so much fun!  Our Alaskan Adventure started from Seattle, which is fantastic because there is no flying involved!  We cruised on the Sapphire Princess ship headed for Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria, BC.  The weather was phenomenal...it was actually hot, we were in tshirts, we got sun burns!  Cruising was fun, I think we ate, ate and did more eating...
This is what the front of a cruise ship will do to your hair!
 The scenery was just awesome!
 The boys discussing float planes.
 In Ketchikan we were able to zipline through the rain forest!  Super cool!  Its really fun to be tethered to a cable floating hundreds of feet in the air!
 TOTEM POLES!  Everywhere!
 Emily and I pretending we were the totel poles!
 This is called a Uni-Mog and the boys each wanted one!
 I think Ketchikan was my favorite town because of the way it was built up around the creek.
 This is about the extent of the wild life we saw....which was disappointing actually.  Guess we will just have to go back!  
 I think the boys spent half the trip like this...it cracked me up!

More Alaskan Adventures to come....stay tuned!

4 comments:

Andrea Elliott said...

Looks like an awesome time! Were you able to see the Northern Lights?

Stephanie V said...

Welcome home! Glad you guys could go! Looks like you had an awesome time!

Rach said...

Looks like an amazing trip. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad jealous :) So happy you got to go! How fun!

Lori O. said...

I love that creek too. Can you imagine getting up to that each morning. Its a Folgers commercial!!