Monday, April 11, 2011

Rainbow Cake and Jo's 30th

We love culinary experiments and I love making cake, so Jolene's birthday is always a fun time for me...we usually choose a cake that we have never tried.. This year we decided on a 6 layer rainbow cake....and it was fabulous!  Not only was it an awesome thing to cut into...especially if you didn't know what it was going to look like, but as Brian said it looked (before I was finished frosting it) a giant fruit loop and then we actually decided it tastes like one too. It has a hint of lemon and was so fun to eat!  I really want to try a monochromatic colored cake...like all shades of green...mmmmm....
 We went down for dinner at Wine-O-Clock with the neighbors and the kiddos and it was awesome.
 Boss and Bitty played in the yard, they actually threw grass at each other for awhile and both found it equally amusing.

5 comments:

Jeff and Emily said...

I love this post!!! Looks like Jolene had a great b-day with good weather. And what a beautiful cake..do you have the recipe? I would love to make this sometime!

Kara said...

Staci! I saw that cake on tv and have been wanting to make it but don't have enough cake pans...did you cook all the layers at once? Looks like it turned out beautifully! I love the pictures of Adelaide and Boss. I'm so glad his nickname stuck :)

sarah fuccillo photography said...

yay! i've always wanted to make one since bobbi and mike made one! looks yummy!!!

JoMama said...

thanks stace! You are the BEST.

Lori O. said...

I have been waiting to see this cake, it looked so good. You are a wonderful and thoughtful sister. Post more pics never miss a one