Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Daunting Job of Painting...

Brian and I have taken on the task of painting the exterior of our house. You should all know we both hate painting...really, I can't think of many things that are worse. I don't mind the actual painting part, it is the PREP time that is the killer! The basket he has been building is for the backhoe, so we aren't up and down a ladder...it's almost finished. Yesterday we started power washing and scraping, in preparation for painting...hoping to start soon! There is one side of the house that gets beat with the sun all day, and the paint was looking pretty bad. Here is a TIP for all of you out there...DON'T EVER LET YOUR PAINT PEEL OR CHIP, paint it before then, so much easier...scraping stinks!
Mark my words...someday I am building an all brick house! Not kidding.
Yeah it is bad! See!

7 comments:

Lori O. said...

tell Brian to take off those overalls and get some sun on them white legs... you can have the 3 little pigs brick house.

Kara said...

Good luck! What color are you painting it?

Queen of Dirt said...

UMMM, could I borrow your car, the one in the shop for the weekend? I won't back into any rocks.

JoMama said...

Shut it Mom! Painting does stink. I never have to help because the paint nazi doesn't allow anyone to help b/c you won't do it right. What color did you go with... the lighter one right?

Queen of Dirt said...

HAAAAAA, I will not shut my pie hole, not ever!

Stephanie V said...

OOOOhhhh....what color did you choose? Can't wait to see the end product!

Jeff and Emily said...

wow kuddos for you guys to tackle such a big project! Can't wait to see it in the end, good job!