Tuesday, June 8, 2010

T-Shirt Quilt

About 8 years ago when I was at WSU one of the gals that I was living at the swine center with decided we should make t-shirt quilts. So one weekend we drove to Ephrata for a t-shirt quilt class at the Fabric Patch, well mind you this class only got us as far as cutting out all the shirts and sewing the borders around them. The parts and pieces which I never finished...moved around with me until about a year ago when I finally got sick of looking at them and asked Alicia's mom Lisa (who is a master quilter, she helped me with the first quilt I ever made) to finish it for me because I knew I would never do it. Well low and behold she calls me on Sunday and says it's all done! I was pumped! I love it, I love all the memories I have with all those shirts and the fact that this will last me forever. Anyway, thanks to Lisa!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Excellent way to save some memories. I think I have enough t-shirts to make a few king sized quilts.... Someday...

Lori O. said...

I always wanted to do that for the boys, who knows where the t-shirts are now.... oh bum

Emily Bartsch said...

That will be a great way to show your kids they could never out run you...because your practiced and accomplished!